Illustration



I started this semester as a digital design major, but quickly switched to illustration once I realized that was an option. I’m sufficient at graphic design, but I feel illustration is where I really thrive, and is the trade I am most passionate about. Luckily I didn’t have to change my schedule either, as all the skills and classes I’ve taken this semester also will advance my illustration degree.

I’ve been drawing since before I remember, and I’ve never really stopped, and I’m always working to improve and get better the more I do it. My favorite show ever is an animated cartoon called Steven Universe, and part of what I love is that all of it is illustrative work. It also includes LGBT themes, and themes of depression, abusive relationships, and self reflection, but the fact that it’s also an illustrative work also appeals to me so much. Art and illustration is my passion, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to major in it.


Comments