Marriage is Team Work


In the last year or so I’ve learned more about teamwork than I ever have in my life. Being married means being part of a team, and like with all teams, you have to work together to be successful. For example, I don’t mind doing laundry, but I hate putting clothes away. So, how we do laundry at home is that I wash and dry the laundry and my wife is kind enough to put it all away. It takes a huge burden off myself, and distributes responsibility in a way that is satisfying to us both. In this way we successfully achieve our goals by operating as a team. 


Sometimes, however, teamwork is difficult. For example, my wife and I both hate taking out the trash, and sometimes we’ll argue about who should have to do it. If we had a system where we work together to make sure the trash is taken out when needed, maybe we could avoid this conflict.


 


Comments

  1. being in a team even if it's to do small things like just doing laundry and folding/ putting away clothes can definitely make it easier and feel less stressful in a way, it also avoids conflict such as your example of having to take the trash out, since you guys aren't really working together as a team it makes things harder causing conflict.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment